Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cityquest II

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cityquest II Empty Cityquest II Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:08 am

Bigro

Bigro
Admin

Welcome to CityQuest.

Join the mayor on the prestigious advisor panel as we try to take a run down shack and turn it into a sprawling metropolis full of wonderment and glee. It doesn't have to stop there either, as an avid entrepreneur the mayor will invest in other areas to help further the city. Take risks and reap the rewards in CityQuest! The possibilities are only limited to what you can think of and as the mayor knows, that is endless. Don't let the mayor down! Be creative and innovative and most importantly, lets make this into the BEST CITY EVER.

Alternate Suggestion Box

The mayor is a fresh face straight from mayoring college. Very few people make it through the tenuous stresses of mayroing college so you are very privileged to have met such a person so new!

He has recently bought himself a 4x4km plot of land that was going cheap with his families moderate inheritance.
Cityquest II 0001

Luckily the previous owners of this fine land had built themselves the basic things needed to survive here in the highlands. A water tower/bore, a residence and a post office. It is a good start. But you are going to need something more soon if this is going to become the grandest city in the world. And what a place, the view is spectacular with the mountain backdrop. You are 1000m or so above sea level, the mountains almost reach 5000m above sea level. The mountains are green as they normally are, the flats are dry.
Right now, your advisor panel lives elsewhere and contacts you through the internet.

This Terms Standings:
Spoiler:

News:
Spoiler:

>What do we name the town? And what is our first action?

http://inop.betaboard.net

2Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:22 am

Daniel

Admin

Cityquest II Dan Advisor Dan de Empereur: I vote to name the town Llama Rock (or perhaps Rabbit Rock), and as our first action we should set up a website to advertise the town to the outside world. Next, we should build underground bunkers to feed and house all the rabbits...I mean, people that will be living in the town. I like rabbits.

Last edited by Daniel on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

3Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:42 pm

fox

fox
Rock Roller

The colour of the stone around the houses reminds me of ash ..

I'd suggest one of the names for voting could be Ashton.

4Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 am

Bigro

Bigro
Admin

ProfessorLizzard wrote:Cityquest II Plbigro Magister Laccerta, Education and Happiness Officer: My advice is that you should open a schoolrestaurant: people here can eat, and learn to cook. A double win for both of my advisory areas!

A wondrous idea that will surely bring advantages for our fledgeling town.
The mayor immediately contacts a cooking school and ask them to set up shop here. Of course they think it is silly setting up shop in a town of 1 person but the mayor convinces them with $10'000

Cityquest II 0003

The town now have a cooking school. It also acts as a normal school. There are 2 people who run it and also live in the building for now. They pay tax and are paid by the company.
As a result of his persistence in getting something that will improve the lives of citizens the mayor gains some humanitarian view. He can now see homeless people.

Jetroid wrote:
Spoiler:

Cityquest II Metal_ball Jetroid, Not a Moron: Oh hey! How's it goin'? Let's see here... Hmm... Well, we've got land, and uh, a water tower, two houses, some cars, and what looks like a bus stop. Not exactly a lot there. Although don't be deterred, of course. You can get somewhere from nowhere. Just have to head north... Anyway! This old place needs a name. Something catchy, something like 'Zoomtown'. But not Zoomtown, though, as quite frankly, that's ridiculous. The only people you'd attract with a name like that is children...

I think we should call the town...

'Providence'

You know what else we need? Orchards. To grow apples in. Apples are good - only problem goes is that sometimes the trees get inhabited by birds, which, quite frankly, is terrifying.

Birds.

Sparrowsmith wrote:Cityquest II Sparrowsmith Sparrowsmith, Advisor ala Avian Activities and Airborne Animals; Archbishop Activist at Alien Awareness Anonymous and Also an Alliteration Aficionado: Ah, Mr Mayor, I assume, I would like to request a moment of your time. You see, this land is home to many rare and endangered birds, and it is of the utmost importance that you take proper precautions to conserve them, and all manner of flying wonders that grace these lands. Also, for heaven's sake sir, build some houses, or at least some nests suitable for... Never-mind, build houses.

As conflicting as these statements are, the mayor decides they are both valid.

Cityquest II 0004

With a cost of $5'500 the town now has both a bird sanctuary and an experimental orchard run. Hopefully the orchard will prosper in order to convice farmers that this isn't actually a desert!
Greenpeace approves of this move and have decreed the mayor as 'on the right track to a sustainable and well thought out paradise'
They just warn you about pesticides.

Cityquest II 0005

With all this development you have attracted 1 person to your town. A farmer who is running the trial orchard for you.

Lordlyhour wrote:Cityquest II Lordly Lord Leoplold Hour, Head of the Questanishness Committee: Tally Ho! Looks like you've a Fine Budding town here Good Chap. Ah, but what is a Town without a name. Henceforth, This Place Shall be Known as Crumpet Rock. Now, In Accordance with the By-Laws of The United Questdom, all New Townships must have at LEAST one person of Potatish Descent and/or Poor Breeding for the Noble People to look Down Upon. In Absense of such a Low-bred Person, One with a Potatish Name will Suffice. I Suggest Hiring A Suitable Chap as the Town's Postmaster. If Nothing else, This will allow the Town's wealthy to (if you'll pardon the expression) "Hawk Loogies" at the Chap without having to go through the rigmarole of seeking him out. As a final Note, good Sir, Do try and find a Means of Townwide Income. Perchance a Petrol Station, for the conveniance of those hopelessly lost?
Having said My Peice, I shall be Off. Ta rah, Toodle-pip and Tally-ho!

Yes, a postmaster will be something you need.

You contact an old friend of yours, Patrick by name. He is a professor in post, a master in mail, a doctor of delivering and a sir of sorting.
He is the one and only postman Pat.

He is on the verge of retiring from handling the entire post force of the capital city and decides that this new town will be a great place for him to settle down into a quieter life.
The town gains 1 person. He lives in the post office (red building furthest from orchard.)

fox wrote:The colour of the stone around the houses reminds me of ash ..

I'd suggest one of the names for voting could be Ashton.

Voting? This isn't a democracy. This is private property don't you know?

However, Ashton sounds like a swell name for a budding city just like this one. And as such the town is named Ashton.

This Terms Standings:
Spoiler:

News:
Spoiler:

>Our next action will be what?

5Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 am

Daniel

Admin

Cityquest II Dan Advisor Dan de Empereur: Build a rabbit sanctuary in the nearby hillside. Make it illegal to hunt rabbits for sport and food. And for carrot's sake, man, please build a lettuce farm and plenty of houses!

6Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 am

mysticdestiny

Awesome

Cityquest II Alec
Adviser Hammie: A radio station should be built for the residents so they can listen to K-Pop.

7Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:47 am

fox

fox
Rock Roller

mysticdestiny wrote:Cityquest II Alec
Adviser Hammie: A radio station should be built for the residents so they can listen to K-Pop.

Geez.. we are trying to attract people not drive them away .. ick K-pop! But a radio station would be good!

We need another attraction to bring in more tourists, something like a disused gold mine or some natural cave system, an adventure park or an orienteering course for groups of students and some dorms to house them.

8Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:09 am

mysticdestiny

Awesome

fox wrote:
Geez.. we are trying to attract people not drive them away .. ick K-pop! But a radio station would be good!

Blah! You're just jelly ._.

9Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Bigro

Bigro
Admin

Sparrowsmith wrote:Cityquest II Sparrowsmith Sparrowsmith, Advisor ala Avian Activities and Airborne Animals; Archbishop Activist at Alien Awareness Anonymous and Also an Alliteration Aficionado: An Orchard is a good start. Now we need power, and powerlines, powerlines that birds can stand on and gaze from... Gaze at the humans, I mean us humans, as they go about their blissfully unaware lives.

Lordlyhour wrote:Cityquest II Lordly Lord Leopold Hour, Head of the Questanishness Committee: You've still that Embarrasing Drain on your funds going on, Dear Boy. Attempt to Rectify it Post Haste. I would suggest a Bakery, but I doubt your new School/resteraunt Hybrid would be terribly pleased with Competition. Perhaps a Cricket Ground would Bring Notibility to your town? Train some Lads, Put together a Team, get to Walloping any neighbours. Get that Patrick Fellow to join, maybe. He looks as though he might be a sporting type. Further Spiffying up the Town's Surrounds wouldn't go Astray either. Perhaps Plant some trees or make some Parkland? Add some Greenery to the Place. Having said my Peice, I MUST be off. Wife's just finished brewing a Pot of tea And I can't let it go Cold. Ta rah, Toodle-pip and Tally-ho!
Spoiler:

Curris wrote:Cityquest II 9372d7ec151d93fe0c0b Curris, Staff Engineer of the City Infrastructure Division. "This town of Ashton seems to be on a fine path, but it needs some infrastructure! This is the twenty-first century! People won't let you get by in a town with no power! At least, they won't let you get away unmocked! I suggest we build us a power station. Something modest. Something maintainable. Solar power is getting pretty cheap these days, and it won't take an army to keep it running. We could toss up a few panels and run some wire; your people will appreciate the modern lifestyle. Besides, a cushy power grid like that practically runs itself! Gives me some time to sit back at the desk with my boots up, if you take my meaning."

fox wrote:
mysticdestiny wrote:Cityquest II Alec

We need another attraction to bring in more tourists, something like a disused gold mine or some natural cave system, an adventure park or an orienteering course for groups of students and some dorms to house them.

Reecer6 wrote:Cityquest II KqzadHip Teenager Advisor: Mayor, I'm your Hip Teenager Advisor, Ted. What the future teenagers need is an internet cafe. I'm not sure if I know what an internet IS right now, because we don't have watches or calenders. We will at least need a radio tower to listen to our hip teenage Beach Boys songs, and a movie theater to watch Back to the Day Off: The Phantom Menace

The mayor scratches his chin. A radio station is sure to be a wise addition to the town. But...the cost...

Ah well, it will come back to us in time. Ashton invests in one grand radio station for just $7'500. It will satisfy the needs of any groups that need to use it.
Also, Ashton invest some $6000 into student accommodation, just some prefab apartment blocks that can hold many many students at a time. They were on sale at building.co!

Solar power is definitely a great investment here as it is sunny most of the year and when it isn't, well there are bigger problems than power. It's cheap too, just $4'000 for a nice batch of panels.

Cityquest II 0009

4 new residences have been erected as a result of this development filling your allocated zones for residential growth. They brought 12 people with them, mostly teacher couples wanting to get in on the hot education action. Demand is high for residences.

Jetroid wrote:
Spoiler:
Cityquest II Metal_ball Jetroid, Not a Moron: Augh! Bird! Bird bird bird!

I think it's gone now! Phew! Anyway, we need to start investing in water, fast. Doesn't really matter how. But we need it for irru - irrig - farming.

Oh! And we got a new villager! Whilst permanent residents are great and all, we really need somewhere for those who're just passing through to stay - say, a motel?

On another note, our permanent residents need some form of market to buy supplies - we could even sell our own produce there! Brilliant!

EXCELLENT, some business is sure to stimulate growth. A motel can't hurt either! Postman pat takes an interest here and would like to own the hotel. He picks a plot smack bang in the middle of your newly designated commercial zone and sets up a small motel.

The mayor gives cheap deals to the rest of the prospective business owners and the town gets $3000 from the sale of land. Hurrah.

Cityquest II 0008

3 people live on the site of their business.

Daniel wrote:Cityquest II Dan Advisor Dan de Empereur: Build a rabbit sanctuary in the nearby hillside. Make it illegal to hunt rabbits for sport and food. And for carrot's sake, man, please build a lettuce farm and plenty of houses!

The town erects a rabbit sanctuary in the hills. Rabbits are rare here, so careful deliberation is considered for the location. The mayor then points at a rock and says it'll do.
Cityquest II 0007

A 1M area around this rock is pure sanctuary. Otherwise rabbits are a pest.

A pest.

Countblackula wrote:Cityquest II Cityquest Blackula, Minister of the Arts

Mayor, this barren town is the perfect spot to facilitate avante garde performance art. With a simple $1500, you can put up an ad online for an art contest. The contest: Revitalize. You bring in artists. Promise the winner $1000 and free housing. The runners-up can get money too. This will generate buzz. The people will follow suit.

The town invests this extra cash in hopes of generating demand. The winner will be pleased when it is decided next term.

This Terms Standings:
Spoiler:

News:
Spoiler:

>Our next action will be what?

10Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Daniel

Admin

Cityquest II Dan Advisor Dan de Empereur: Rabbits are considered a pest, are they? We'll have to take care of that little problem, if you know what I mean. Build a road leading to the rabbit sanctuary, so that everyone can access it and be "re-educated" in the ways of us lagomorphs. And do what Uncle Fox said too - establish a tourist attraction in the hills to bring in the masses. Perhaps something rabbit-themed?

11Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:08 am

mysticdestiny

Awesome

Cityquest II Alec
Adivser Hammie: If there is to be a tourist attraction, there should be a bus stop in Ashton so tourists can come without a hassle. This can lead to lots of revenue for Ashton as well.

12Cityquest II Empty Re: Cityquest II Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:54 pm

fox

fox
Rock Roller

And if you build a bus stop, don't forget to build a kiosk to sell over priced food, drinks and novelty items .. like lucky rabbit feet .. fresh from those pesky rabbits that stray outside of their sanctuary.

Keep an eye out too Mr Mayor .. I saw a hobo wandering nearby hoping to pick up trash, bottles and food scraps.. maybe a waste facility could be a good investment to keep the town clean and employ a few more people wanting to move in to town.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum